Join the NEG family today!
As consultants to the facilities and their primary care physicians, NEG clinicians evaluate and treat residents referred to them with a physician’s order. A resident, family or facility staff member may request services. Our team consist of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, and social workers. Currently New England Geriatrics has 200 employees located throughout 125 nursing homes, 4 inpatient psych units, and an outpatient mental health clinic. We offer competitive salaries, full benefit packages, and 401k.
Responsibilities of NEG Social Workers:
1. Complete a psychosocial (initial) assessment for each new resident as needed.
2. Provide individual and group therapy to residents.
3. Communicate or consult with residents' families or significant others as needed.
4. Develop behavior plans for residents as needed.
5. Recommend behavioral/therapeutic interventions to nursing home staff
6. Collaborate with nursing home staff when a significant change in status occurs and on an ongoing basis.
7. Keep other NEG team members informed of a resident's status and progress in therapy.
8. Inform nursing home staff of NEG treatment plan goals and objectives for incorporation into residents' care plans.
Social Worker Requirements:
- Experience with geriatric therapy preferred
- MSW degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience with independent billing preferred, but not required
- Holds a LICSW standing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts